Immigration Consulting Services

 Visitor Visas 

A Visitor Visa is an official document stamped into your passport that shows that you have met the requirements to visit Canada for a period of up to 6 months.

 Labour-Market Impact   Assessments (LMIA) 
A positive LMIA issued to a prospective employer may be necessary for you to apply for a work permit from Immigration Canada. Likewise, an positive Québec LMIA may be needed for you to receive a "Certificat d'acceptation du Québec" (CAQ), which will allow you to apply for a work permit from Immigration Canada. 
 Extensions Of Status 
If you want to extend your stay in Canada, you should apply at least 30 days before your status expires to
  • extend your visitor, student or work status,

  • change your permit type (for example, from a study permit to a work permit) or

  • change your permit condition(s) (for example, if you are studying and you want to change schools, or if you are working and you want to change jobs).

If you apply to extend your permit, and your visitor visa expires while you are waiting for a decision, you still have temporary resident (visitor) or implied status. 
 Citizenship Applications 

Your eligibility for citizenship depends on your situation, such as:

Also, you don’t automatically become a citizen when you marry a Canadian. If you’re a spouse of a Canadian citizen, you:

  • don’t need to meet any special requirements

  • must meet the same eligibility requirements as other adults

 Student Permits 

The Study Permit is a document that allows foreign nationals to study in designated educational institutions (DLIs) in Canada. Most foreign nationals require a study permit to study in Canada. Note: Your study permit is not a visa. That alone does not allow you to enter Canada. You may also need a Temporary Resident Visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). If so, it will be issued as part of your study permit application.

Your spouse and relatives can live, work or study if they become permanent residents.  Sponsoring is a way to achieve this but there are eligibility requirements and we can assist you in this process.
 Skilled Workers 

Canada chooses skilled workers based on their skills and ability to contribute to Canada’s economy.

Express Entry manages applications for three economic immigration programs:

  • Federal Skilled Worker Program

  • Federal Skilled Trades Program

  • Canadian Experience Class

Provinces and territories can also recruit candidates from the Express Entry pool through the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) to meet local labour market needs.

 Province of Québec 

The permanent selection application process is now based on the expression of interest principle. People interested in immigrating to Québec must first complete and submit an expression of interest. Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion (MIDI) then invites those whose profile corresponds to Québec’s needs to submit a permanent selection application.

The categories available in Québec are the following:

  • Permanent workers

    • immigrant workers whose skills respond to particular market needs and make it easier for them to find work​​

  • Business people

    • based on the experiences of numerous immigrants​

  • Temporary workers

    • must have authorization to come and work in Québec (LMIA, CAQ for work and the authorization letter from the Canadian embassy​

  • Foreign students

    • international students wishing to study in Québec in a training program lasting more than six months must be admitted to or enrolled in a designated educational institution​

    • must obtain a Certificat d’acceptation du Québec (CAQ – Québec Acceptance Certificate) and a study permit from the federal government

 Work Permits 
You will need a work permit in most cases to work in Canada.  To determine if you are eligible, we can build your profile and determine the choices that you have and the processes that need to be done. 
 Super Visas 
The super visa lets you visit your children or grandchildren for up to two years at a time, instead of a visitor visa which allows you to stay for a maximum of 6 months.
 Provincial Nominees 

This program is for workers who:

  • have the skills, education and work experience to contribute to the economy of a specific province or territory

  • want to live in that province, and

  • want to become permanent residents of Canada

Each province and territory has its own “streams” (immigration programs that target certain groups) and requirements. For example, in a program stream, provinces and territories may target:

  • students

  • business people

  • skilled workers

  • semi-skilled workers

 Province of Québec (cont.) 
  • Family reunification

    • the Government of Québec establishes the scales used to evaluate the financial capacity of sponsors residing in Québec and determine the duration of the undertakings to the people they wish to sponsor​

    • consequently, directives issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to modify the scales used to evaluate the financial capacity of sponsors or the duration of sponsorship undertakings will not apply to Québec sponsors or people sponsored by them

  • Humanitarian immigration

    • Québec fully supports the principle of international solidarity and the objectives of the conventions governing the protection of refugees 

    • humanitarian immigration  occupies a particularly important place in Québec​​


Questions regarding any of the above subjects or immigration matters in general can be answered in a general consulting session.

Fees for such a session is $150 CAD per hour plus sales taxes if applicable, minimum of 1 hour.

After the session, if you would like me to represent you in preparing the dossier, you will need to sign a retainer agrrement and an estimate of the cost will be provided at that time.  

To reserve a time for the session, please go to the contact tab and tell me the date and time that would be appropriate for you.