I decided to immigrate to Canada, but where should I live?

Once you have decided to make Canada your new country, you must choose your region of residence, as the country is vast. However, more than a third of the population of over 37 million lives in the three major cities of Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver. Language is an important factor to consider as Canada is a bilingual country. Although Montreal is considered bilingual, the majority is French-speaking, as is the rest of the province of Quebec, while the rest of Canada is English-speaking.

Where do I start if I want to immigrate to Canada?

First of all, you have to decide if you want to apply yourself or with the help of your family and friends. The application can be done online with the Canadian government. If you decide that you want a professional to assist you, you must hire an authorized representative such as a regulated immigration consultant, a lawyer or a Quebec notary.

Why should I consider hiring a professional?

Hiring a professional such as an immigration consultant would be a wise choice as this person is educated and trained in the field of immigration law. Canadian immigration laws, policies and procedures are extremely complex and continually changing. Only a qualified professional can give you the best chance of success. Please note that while anyone can claim to be an immigration consultant, only members of the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC) can legally act on your behalf for a fee.

Will the hiring of a professional guarantee the acceptance of my immigration application?

Hiring a professional such as an immigration consultant does not guarantee acceptance by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). However, it can increase your chances of acceptance by having all the documents prepared and submitted correctly within the alloted time. In addition, this could avoid the mistakes a non-specialist could make and result in rejection by the IRCC.